Monday, September 18, 2017

Artificial Sweeteners, Mythbusters, and Diabetics Driving

People are claiming that artificial sweeteners can cause or contribute to Type II Diabetes.

I wish when people come up with a small study that claims something pretty major that more people do the same study to see if the results were valid.  

I wish I had a lab where I could test all these diabetes things like Mythbusters.  That's a dream of mine, don't wear it out.  I know nothing about science, but if I had all the money in the world, I would do this.   Just a bunch of scientists and researchers testing out theories.   Kicking butt and taking names on a large scale. 

I was reading this post on the ADA site where this person with diabetes complained that her friend wouldn't let her drive her around because she was afraid that she would get hypoglycemic and get in an accident.  People are so dumb. Obviously, if she were to get hypoglycemic, she would pull off to the side of the road and get some sugar into her.  Besides those people who manage their diabetes well, wouldn't have this problem anyway, especially if they have a continuous glucose monitor, which would alert them to any problems.  Some information from the information station.  

No comments:

Post a Comment